Saturday, March 9, 2013

Plans Change

     My first post of this year, I thought I had things figured out. I thought I knew the exact direction I was going.

It's not the dawn I expected it to be, but let's be honest... is it ever?
 There were a lot of ideas swirling through my head, but very shortly after that point, one rose the surface; it was honestly one that I did not expect to. Of all the ideas and possible pathways for me to take, this is the one that blindsided me when it emerged as the one for me to take. When this took ahold of me and drew me toward the path I had to walk, I didn't see it coming. At least not consciously. It was something that had always lurked at the back of my mind, even through previous years. And now it returns full force.

     Upon graduation, I am going to enlist in the United States Marine Corps.

     When I was a kid, I'd always wanted to go into the military. It has always stayed in the back of my mind. So I guess I should have seen it coming that I would make the choice to take this path.

     But now I have. When I graduate in April, I'm going to sign. And I couldn't be more excited.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations young man! I will feel safer with you helping to protect our country!

    ReplyDelete